Wednesday, September 19, 2012

0
DIY Beadboard Cabinets & Laundry Room Makeover




I have been working for the last month or so on my laundry room. My husband said "why the laundry room? no one sees it?!" But I go in there a million times a day and just wanted make it pretty. It all started with two shelves I was hanging to put baskets on for collecting returns and things to take to goodwill. While hanging I realized how dingy our builder's painted walls were and decided to paint them a bright white. With the help of my mom we painted the walls and ceiling in two days! I was inspired by some baskets I found to tame the clutter of my baker's rack.

I refaced and painted our boring cabinets to look like real beadboard kitchen cabinets. This was a cheap project seeing that I had leftover beadboard from our son's beadboard nursery/bedroom project. I found some more of the baskets and matched it all up and now my project is complete! I am loving my little slice of organized heaven! Enjoy!


Laundry Room Before: (very tiny laundry room = hard to get pictures...)






Laundry Room during: (check out beadboard tutorial here that I found on pintrest)





Laundry Room Makeover After:




The only thing left on my to-do list is the lighting. I'm trying to find the perfect light for this spot. Of course I think I'm going to hit up goodwill or restore and do a little diy for this project-check back soon for updates on that one!











0 comments:

Post a Comment